Thursday, August 9, 2007

9th aug, fishing







got the green light to go fishing on 9th aug, and i decided to go for a quick 3hrs fishing at fisherman pond.

reach the pond around 1.15pm, pond owner is a fellow kaki, nice guy, come here to support him.
find a spot, settle down, rig up and start fishing. and today, my target fish is kim jio (promfret)
15min pass, and happen to see another mate with his boy. his boy is also a pretty gd fisherman. it is always nice to see father and son doing healthy sport they like.
spoke to him and happen to know tat todat bite rate is not as gd, perhap due to tis morning heavy downpour.
it was pretty quiet for all anglers at the pond, even though after 1 net of fish is release, it is still quiet.
about an hour and half have pass, finally saw my float went down fast, tighten up the line and strike, i got my 1st promfret (target met)
so rebait and cast, after parking my rod in the holder, i walk away for a quick drink
and my friend's son call me, say my float is gone! quickly, pick up and rod and strike, but... miss... argghh...
time really flies, 3hrs is up, and i decided to pack up. told the pond owner tat i'm leaving for dinner and later back to collect the fish, he told me its fine to fish awhile longer (kudos to him) but i can't, coz my wife is hungry..
so, brough my wife to a nearby cafe to have a enjoyable dinner environment, the sambal fried rice i order and the mee goreng my wife is having, is very nice.
so, end of the fishing trip for the day, time to pick up my fish and my kids

overall feel, this fisherman village pond is a nice place to go, pond owner is a nice guy, but just heard that their lease is not being renew, so will only operate till end of this month..





No comments: