Thursday, May 15, 2008

Please work safely

Yesterday in the afternoon, received a call from my colleague asking me to help. After listening to the urgent phonecall, I realize a technician has fell off from 2nd storey while doing work.

I got the mobile number from the other technician, immediately I called him up to find out more about the injured tech. Ok, I got the address and I called the ambulance immediately.

Rush down from my workplace and when I reached, the ambulance is already there attending to the tech. Seem like his wrist is fractured and still conscious, try talking to him and he can response to me, good.

For so many years in my work, this is the most serious injury I encounter and the first time I called the ambulance. I had always emphasized safety to my guys, no compromise on this aspect. Not that I don’t want to be responsible or I hate to write report, but they still need to think of their closest family member when they are doing dangerous work, just like myself, I have to be responsible for my family and be safe during the course of work, because end of the day, it will be their family member who suffer.

I’m glad I make the decision to call the ambulance without any delay, he could be in danger, and his partner was also in a daze when I called him.

No comments: