Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Good boss story

I’ve been working for this guy for ten year’s now And we’ve been thru allot as far as his business goesThere was allot of fighting, yelling, mutual almost heart attacks giving and allot of good times as wellWe accomplish allot together; me thru hard work, he thru hard work and using his big noggin I would like to think I was instrumental in his success and I know he was absolutely vital in fixing my financial situation and digging me out of a financial hole


His a really cool dude and my only regret is that as the business gets bigger I get less time of acutely working with the guy, he’s just a funny guy and a hard worker two thing I don’t witness allot with my fellow employeesSo yesterday mike, my boss calls me and say; hey muddy, I’ve got some sod that I’m gonna need some help getting off the truck in my house, do you mind coming here on Sunday to help me?


It’s only gonna take half an hour, an hour at the most, would you mind?Well I didn’t mind even thou we had my wife’s college friend came to visit us (the fact that the guy, knowing that I’ve been bike less for thirteen years now, still didn’t bring his SV650 [that I’ve recommended to him…] helped a little) it was no skin of my back plus I told him; hey I want some of that sod too and he was like; sure, I’ll split it with you


So cool, I take the wife’s CRV, put some plastic on the back so to not dirty her car and I take offI go to his house and him, his future wife and the office manger (hoes living next to the sod company and been known to get sod for a case of beer) are all sitting on his deck and small talkingI sit down and converse for few minutes and then he asks the office mngr. if she called the sod company, she says yes; they’ll be here in five to ten minutes


So he says hey muddy; help me move this statue that my soon to be future have bought, I look off the deck and In the middle of his yard there’s a big thing cover in tarp So as we go down to the yard I think to my self; good lord this looks big and heavy, what did I get my self into? But that’s ok, I really don’t mind helping my boss, he’s been generous to me thru the years so what ever needs to be done will be done


On the grass mike kinda veer to the right (away from the statue) and tells me; take the tarp off so we can grab this thing and move itSo I did…First thing I’ve notice as I pull off the tarp is the letter “H” on what seemed to be engine casing and I think to my self; what the hell?


His statue is a Honda lawnmower???As the tarp goes up and more gets revealed my mind goes blank and I get tunnel vision…


It was definitely not a Honda…...The “lawnmower” part was close, but no cigar


It was what I’ve been dreaming off now for a long time right down to the color that I wanted It’s a 08 supermotard motorcycle!And it’s my BONUS for the year!!!!!!!!!!!!


Needless to say it got very emotional thereI still get chocked up just thinking about itAnyway, I just needed to share and let every body know that MIKE is the BEST BOSS IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!!I’m going down to the garage now to kiss and caress herIt’s on guys,… …

IT”S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!!!Oh yeah, there’s a moral to this story here somewere…...But I’m just way too excited to think about what it is right now


well, You know the old story, "take good care of your employees and they'll take care of the business"

No comments: