Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Office Politic

Once again, office politic pops up. And this time, I’m the victim…

Simple background, due to recent demand for services because of hot weather, the customers service center are unable to cope with all the customers calling in, scheduling of technicians work, as almost all of them, schedule is already full for each day.

Now, that supervisor of the call center, want my department to help in scheduling the work, by sending a email over to me, cc to the boss. Ok, I checked with the relative of the boss who is also in my department, about this matter. He mentioned that there was no such problems last time, only now, perhaps those new customer services officers are new (due to a huge turn over of staff) and unfamiliar. And he also mentioned, this is their department problems, not us.

So I just reply to that supervisor, about what my colleague told me, and the whole day, no reply at all.

When coming to close of the day, the boss called me to his office, together with this supervisor, and in front of the boss, she was pushing all this problems to me. As I was new in the coy, I didn’t really retaliate, just mentioned I will try to help, although this is your department problems. But the boss also only listen to one side and this supervisor work here for more than 10 years already. What can I do?

I just feel like an idiot, and I’m gonna work just like another coordinator but not as a manager. And as my colleague is related to the boss, thus this supervisor don’t dare to do this to him…

No comments: