Thursday, February 14, 2008

It's that uncle and auntie again...

If you have read the previous post of my encounter of this uncle and aunite on the bike while I'm travelling to work, I met them again this morning.

Met them at a traffic junction and I regconise them immediately, as the uncle rode dangerously taking a high speed bend out from minor road to main road and swerve wayyyyyyyyyyyy out to the furthest lane, with his bike wobbling like a boat in pacific ocean previously.

So as usual, this uncle would ride off even before the light turn green, and this happen at every traffic junction literally. But I would always overtake him by picking up slowly and would often reach the next traffic junction before him.

Anyway, I'm prepared this time round, when I was approaching this traffic junction, the light was turning green any moment, but before i could brake and slow down, i heard this uncle rev up his bike and overtook me, again, before light turn green.

When it is green, I pick up my speed and gradually overtook him, but he suddenly slow down and keep to his left and before reaching his "favourite" corner which he overtook me previously at high speed, I could see his bike coming up fast behind me again!!

It seem like he like to play some kind of "catch you unaware tactic, from behind"

Unfortunately for him, I'm prepared this time round, I drop a gear and rev up the bike, and start picking up speed. And when we approaching this left bend which is merging into the main road, it is too late for him to do anything, and with traffic coming along on the main road, he can't take the high speed bend like the round time.

He have to cut down his speed significantly to take the left most inner lane and I just pull it away from him as I'm already used to taking the left lane. When I stop at next traffic junction, he stop at the lane next to me, and when i turn to look at him, he just pretend and look straight ahead. I wonder what he is trying to proof again?

No comments: