Thursday, September 13, 2007

my life in the green uniform

i was enlisted in june 1995, into the Singapore artillery unit (7th mono-intake), meaning my bmt (basic military training) will be within this unit, and i shall be stuck with this unit, unless i get posted out.

and what i heard is true, since most of us will be stuck with this unit, the unit make sure we are well trained, very very well trained, meaning we will be very fit, tip top condition for handling of the big gun, (no wonder i see this "King of the Battlefield" when i step into khatib camp on the first day) and they are big, heavy and powerful, we are infact the first artillery unit to utilise the FH2000 (which Bravo bty is very famous during year 1997, check out my posting later if you are interested)

i came in earlier, as i fail my sit and reach, during NAFA test, which i feel i look like a fool, or the system got problem, i got no problem for doing chin up, sit-up, standing board jump, shuttle run and even the 2.4km. i have just wasted additional 2month in here, which i need to report to CMPB, just 3 days after my final year exam, when my classmate, had about 2-3 more month before they get their head shaved...

during this PTP (physcal training phase), we got running week, meaning every morning, before day break, we will run for 5km, until the sun come out, and we do this for 1 whole week. then in afternoon, we got other PT (physical training) to do.

i don't really have culture shock when i came in here as i was pretty well prepared, just that we always doze off during lectures, as we wake up early and sleep late. and with all that physical exercises, we are really totally worn out by end of the day.

by now, i'm already a ROD guy with my reservist completed, i have fulfilled my reservist obligation, pass all my IPPT (i got Gold twice during my NS days, but those was the day man). come to think of it, i still got campmate who still got 5 more years to serves or more.

and till today, i still hear the recruit or NS boys talking about how to "keng" , "siam" or what, but my only advice is, just do what you are told and quickly finish off all this and you are a free man again..

No comments: