Saturday, September 22, 2007

i'm upset...

just today, after getting both my kids to sleep, i play the dirt bike CD in the living hall. as some of you may know, i stay with my in law now, as they are helping to look after my kids. just before the race is ending, my father in law is back, and he saw it.

so when the race is over, while removing the disc, he tell me in future, not to watch motobike CD here. then he carry on to say, his bro was kill in a accident many years ago, and his then girlfriend, that is my mother in-law also knew about the accident, and ever since, both of them "hate" or disagree or reject and thing that is related to motorcycle.

i knew they don't like it all along, especially mother in law, i knew she always telling my boy, motorcycle is dangerous, behind me. i knew it coz my boy came asking me if he would fall down if he ride. however, i do not take it heart as i know it is concern for my boy.

and now, i'm feeling very upset after hearing what my in law told me and thats why i'm typing away in here. myself, a motorcycle riders, who ride to work daily, practise motocross riding, race, since 1992, what would you do if you as the father can't share your hobby together with your family, or kids.

in the States, any form of dirt bike riding session, is a family event, dad will bring the kids or the wife go riding, setting up of shades, and even BBQ on the site, enjoying the family life. me too, would like to do something like that for my family.

what i reckon, the accident did impact very deeply into them, but that is traffic accident, for me, i'm talking about dirt biking, doing some enjoyable ride on somewhere which is safe, under supervision of the adult.

lastly, i do not wish to had arguement with Kat, as she will be sandwich between her parent and me. Kat know me years back, i was still actively engage in racing motocross, be it in Singapore or Msia, she will be there for me.

i just hope in times to come, i will have chance to show my kids, what his papa is doing when he was younger, however for now, i will just keep it low, but will do the necessary when needed later on.

No comments: