Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Are You a Motorcycle Rider Part 2


This is the first motorcycle race in my lifetime, I was pretty nervous but was well prepared, spare oiled air filter, new gear box oil, new tyres (Dunlop 752, no more in market now).

The race was in the old TMFT, which is just next to the TMFT ferry terminal, terrain was soft sand and many berms and ruts was form during practises and with the rain stop, all this man-made features are harden.

I was having trouble riding on the new carved out track layout and was struggling, I fell quite a few times in corners. And during one of the crash, shhiiiiiiiitttttttt, my radiator starts to leak… bad news..

I push my bike back to pit area, the mechanic was saying he can plug up the leaking radiator and run alone only on 1 side radiator, but after checking with a few guys, I decided not to race, fearing it may cause more serious engine damage and end up, more $$ just for repair.

After close observation on the radiator, I have found the leaking area have been welded previously, so it could have been repaired before and I was unable to forsee when it will going to leak again in any crash.

So during the main event, I become a pit crew for my fellow mate who is racing. And I have told myself, I have to be more prepared for my future races, and the rest is history, my racing season has started…

No comments: