Monday, September 17, 2007

Are You a Motorcycle Rider???



This has been a interesting topic for many decades, many know it’s dangerous to ride a motorcycle (or bike), especially riding motocross, however, for rider like me, if you were to ask me, I do not have a specific answer for you, my reply would be just, “I just wanna ride”

Rewind back to 1991, when I was about 16 year old, in secondary 4, I have already have the thought of riding a bike, and it have to be a dirt bike. So when I reach 16.5 years old (which it is allow last time), I asked my dad to go for lesson, because I have no $$!

My dad rode a scooter many donkey years ago when I was small, but sold it away for a pickup because of job need. So I thought my dad will be encouraging and approve my request, but no. he decline my request, but I persisted and I WON :D

He paid for all my lesson, and when I got my license, I asked him to buy me a bike, and end up, I WON again, but it is a lau ah peh bike, at least better than nothing, I got my license in 1992 Nov.

Through the years pass, I have been enjoying riding bike to school, riding with friends, meet up for kopi session. And when I finally ORD from the army in 1997, I bought my first real dirt bike, a 1992 suzuki RM125. this is where all the happening begins, I started riding every Sunday at the old Loyang mx track, together with those seasoned mx riders, and I have learnt a great deal from them.

And my first off road race was in 1997 for a newbie me, i ask my dad for approval, and i WON, for the third time, but the race turn out to be.........

To Be Continued….

No comments: