Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Wednesday, in office

Just met my ex-colleague for coffee, from him, he is leaving the current company, which he had work for the past 5 years.

He will be stationed at China, for about 2-3 years, depend on contract. He will be the head or the manager of a building, good for him.

And he talk about his highly modified car, a Suzuki Swift. He added a turbo kit system in it, and are reluctant to sell it as he has already invested more than 10k into the car, so if he really fly over there, he should be letting his girlfriend driving his car.

For myself, my car is still stock, although I bought my car earlier than him, but is still pretty much stock condition, and didn't manage to add in any accessories as my wife don't like it.

Yesterday, happen to bump into a mate who is into car drifting, when I visited this shop who is doing sticker/decal for car. Talk to him briefly, and realise his car is in the garage again. Ask him when will the next drifting event will be, he replied, now focus on making more $$ first. Can play car later on.

It seem like many of my peers are giving up partially or totally of their hobby and looking for way to make more $$.

Seem like this will be the life of Singaporean in times to come... sad..

No comments: