Saturday, April 12, 2008

Fishing Night

Had not been fishing for donkeys months, so had a last minute decision to do fishing at the cat pond. Didn't expect much, just wanna relax by the pond and chill out enjoying the night out.

Bought dead prawn from the pond and they gave me those monster prawn from those prawn pond, it is so big that i have to split the prawn into halve. For the first hour, I caught a pacu, about 2kg size, and 30mins later, a giant tilapia, knnz...

Those small tilapias by the pond side seem like are missing! I had been hunting them the whole night and manage to get 2 of them only.

And on the 3rd hook up, I got a cat! My 8lbs old braided line can only be bully by the cat, I tried to thumb the spool once a while to hold the cat movement, but it is just overwhelming on my size 1000 reel. And after a few freeze movement of the spool, line snap... there goes my first cat.

Nevermind, hook up a tilapia and cast in the line. A mate came down with kopi and we start talking cork. No action for the next 2hours or so. And suddenly, a strong pull and when I manage to pull out my rod from the fence and strike, line break again... time to change my line...

I got no acton for my next tilapia as it is dead after a while, so switch back to prawn meat, and another mate came down with roti prata and kopi-o. 3 of us start talking rubbish again. And no action for next 1.5hrs or so... however, a group of fisho next to us caught a cat, foul hook by the tail.

And they got another cat, but lost it when the cat dive it right under the concrete near the old hut. what a shame.. and the guy who fought it, seem like a newbie, so it is no big deal to him.

So my last action of the night, a light jerk on the line and a sudden pull is observed, by the time I strike, hook did not engage... arggh..

The last big action is from 1 guy from the group next to us, he has been fighting this cat for 1hrs plus, and still, the fight is going on. To prevent my line to entangle with his, I decided to pack up as it is almost 5am. And this guy line has already had his friend's line entanle with char been hoon with chicken liver tangling on the tight line. This cat has been swimming casually in the pond for the past an hour plus, seem to me, I don't think this cat can be brough up.

And a friend of this guy borrow a penknife from me to clear those messy line to prevent the line to jam up when it is been reel in. I told them to take it easy and be careful not to cut the wrong line.

Still packing up and while my mates are watching, the least unwanted happen... his friend accidentally cut the tight line... it's game over..

Shit, whenever I used heavy tackle and aim for cat, cat don't show up. But whe I used my light tackle, they appear, and this night, 3 times!!!

No comments: