Monday, April 28, 2008

My thoughts...

12 days into the organization, 2 proposals have been put up. But one was rejected and the other, no conclusion…

I can see this problem coming, talk to a colleague about this issue and he said they have consider it before but need to spend some money on it to implement, and also he mentioned that this problem have here for the past 10 over years (since he work here) and he is used to it now.

I don’t know how he is related to the boss of the company (btw, this is a typical Chinese managed company with many of the boss’s relatives working in here) but somehow, their management is very way backward, abit like how my dad run his small business, but this coy has about 100 over staff.

Discipline is lacking, lot of foreign workers with dye hair, torn jeans, wearing slipper instead of safety shoes, many can’t communicate or read English etc… although this is a well know coy in Singapore, but I already see many complaints about service standard, working attitudes, work standard etc

From 2006 till now, there is a trend of sales, transaction, turnover amount dropping and 2008 first quarter shows very clearly that there is about 25% drop in term of income.

Did a search in this particular pc which the previous manager was using, his email account was somewhat been removed, I can’t find any correspondences at all! This makes me very difficult to trace what had happen before and what are still going on. I have asked the IT department for access, but no news yet.

One important finding, from the search in this PC, I come to concluded that the last manager stay here for only 3months. From September to early December, I can see some documents data (but nothing interesting) and the website he have surf.

Best part is, he surf the website -> jobsdb on 27th Nov, cool, now what? I was analyzing, what he is the same boat as me? Trying the best to propose some improvement work, but due to coy not willing to pay, and allowing those problems to snowball?

I had the same equal feeling, I take the salary, I’m putting my head down and find a solution, but somehow, it is not working out. And like I said, the boss’s relative already mentioned this problem has been going on for past 10 years, if it can be resolved, I reckon the FEW managers before me could have done it, instead of me now.

Shit, I feel I’m wasting my time now, although I may do nothing, but this kind of work does not appeal to me, I’m feeling restless and useless now…

No comments: