Thursday, October 25, 2007

a black monday...

It is a rainy day on monday early morning, thus had no choice but to put on raincoat before riding out to work on the bike. Seem like the whole Singapore is under the rain clouds, ground is wet everywhere, so had to be more alert, especially in bends.

Just on this particular day, i need to go to far east plaza to settle some adminstrative work, if you fellow Singaporean should be aware, there is this floor tiled entrance and exit on both side of the building.

After settling my stuff, i'm back on the bike, reporting back to work. Was riding slowly toward the main road (on this straight stretch), and just before the small hump, i tap on the rear brake lightly, and the rear and step up so fast that i'm unable to react and down i goes, sliding toward the yellow barricade, with my helmet knocking on it.

I have landed on my left hip and shoulder, the nerve system immediately send the pain signal right up to my brain within split second. and with the next few seconds, i manage to push myself up sitting on the ground. Several passerby came over to me, asking if i'm ok. At this moment, my left leg was termbling, because of the sever pain.

one ang moh even came over, and ask if i need a Doc, i replied no worry, i will be fine. So i ask one of the public to help me lift up my bike and push it to 1 side, while 1 of them helping me slowly to stand up on my own. i thanks to those helpful public and ask them to be on their way, i will be fine.

So i take the chance to sit by the kerb, to have abit more rest before i ride again. and then a security came over, he told me here always see motorbike "buang", especially during rainy day. just after he finish his sentence, a lorry brake just before the hump, skidded a little, so i suspect, there maybe some oil residue at that area, however, i didn't go and verify. Perhap it is just another unlucky day.

During this whole day a work, i have also been coughing non-stop and start to have some flu. By afternoon, i'm starting to feel unwell, even walking awhile longer, i will feel breathless, i guess i'm sick...

just before knock off for work, i sms my wife that i'll be going to Doc before going home. Before i left my office, it has started to rain heavily again. By the time i reach the clinic, i was the lucky no.22 guy in the queue, when the Doc has just started with patient no.5....

i estimated it will be a long and agony wait, so went to a nearby kopi shop and have a hot tea. and true enough, i was feeling very sick, with my left hip and shoulder swollen due to the fall, the coughing and flu + the rainy night really torture me.

Finally, after the agony 1hr wait, it is my turn to see the Doc. And when i reach home, i have to pretend to walk "normally" as it is really painful on my hip.

it is really an unfortunate day for me...

No comments: