Saturday, December 15, 2007

Wheel alignment

How many of you car owner have not done any wheel alignment since the day you have collected your car? I have sent my car for wheel alignment last saturday, and found my front wheel toe alignment is out, no wonder the steering wheel is shaking at high speed.

The mechanic have told me, it is always good to do wheel rotation, balancing and alignment for every 10-12k milage covered. For modern car with the FF configuration, front wheel normally will wear and tear faster than rear wheel, with engine on the front, steering on the front wheel etc.

I have also get the mechanic to open up slightly on the camber setting, to improve the car handling in the cornering aspect, and not to the extend that will cause your tyre deteriorate faster.

So you car owner, pls get your wheel sorted out if you have not done any yet.

No comments: