Monday, December 3, 2007

2nd Dec, my first track day...

...in my car.

I crashed the car in the 2nd round when i was out on the first lap. It feel really shitty as up till now, i still can't figure out what has happen. Even with my friend beside me (Wilson, a regular trackie) also don't understand how it could have happen, however, i still must apologies to him, for giving him a shock, just glad that both of us are unhurt.

I guess the most important lesson/ experience is I learnt, and I crash, in a so much safer condition (on the track), thus reducing other unnecessary implication. Myself, I have been racing motorcycle for the past 10 years since 1997, but like what i said to my friend, it is a totally different feel while driving a car. The G-force come in from opposite direction, and I guess i really need much more practise time to get myself familarise with the feel.

Not forgetting the few bros who have help me to make my way back to Sg safely, especially thanks to Wilson, for helping to fetch my wife and boy, back to the workshop in the northeastern part of Sg, when he is staying in the west.

My wife was pretty much pissed off with me as this car is her only transport to work in Jur island, which it is really a hassle to take public transport, I feel very bad for her...
Just yesterday night, when we finally manage to get both the kids to sleep, with just both of us, she ask me, "if i will be back on the track?" I kept quiet... I do not know how to answer...

I had accident on motorcycle racing or practising for the past 10 years, and i have never thought of quitting even I crashed, with broken bones and such, without hesitation, the helmet will be on when i'm fit enough to ride, with no fear of the blurry vision, with throttle pinned at full.

But i have my reservation now, not because of fear, but this is the only car we had, that can bring me, my wife and the 2 kids out, and for my wife transport to work. I guess one of the way out is, perhap another car, just for track usage? I don't know, the budget will be very tight if I do not plan properly. Lets hope things works out along the way.

Thank you Wilson.

No comments: