Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Mee Jiam Kuay

Was going to my usual kopi shop for my daily breakfast. Just happen this morning, my wife didn't prepare any food for me, so i will need to buy some food from kopi shop instead.

I have been looking at this stall selling the "mee jiam kuay", those flour baked cake like with sprinklers of ground peanuts, selling at 70cents each.

So i ordered one piece of it, and from my wallet, i took out a $5 note to him, and in return, he give me back change of $1.30. When i ask him about the changes, he just point his finger at the sign "70cents per piece" which i'm aware. But, i gave him a green color note of $5, he said he only received $2 note from me.

I insisted that i paid him $5, so he pull out his drawer, trying to show me inside are just all $2 notes, but when i look deeper, there was the green note lying there. Finally, he reluntantly refund me the additional $3 which he still owe me, and while giving the money back to me, he still find it very un-convincing, from the way he behave.

I guess this should be the first and last time i patronise this stall.

No comments: