Monday, June 2, 2008

MSSC enduro race round 1

Well, 1st june mark the MSSC first enduro race, round 1, 2008. I was suppose to take part in motocross instead, but i miss it, thus i join this enduro race.

I'm not well conditioned for the race, however, i just join for the sake of fun, and also to meet new friends. I used my 450 machine for the race, which is kind of a big mistake.

Anway, the sky was drizzling since early morning, in Singapore side, till the custom, and it is all dry in Nusajaya (the race track in Msia)

First time in the enduro race, I saw plenty of CRF250F, KTM 250F, the EXC and a couples of 2smokers, it seem like 250 thumper is the choice of weapon.

A sighting lap was conducted and it was kind of the bad move, many riders were stuck in a tricky session in the forest, i was lucky to ride it out of it and back to the top of the hill. We were waiting for some of the riders to clear the section before we can start the race officially. anyway, this difficult part was being take out of the track, for ease of carrying out of the race event.

I was in the expert class and it was going to be fun I guess, as enduro was never my forte, anyway, what the heck, just enjoy the ride!

Race started, with the expert class, follow by the novice riders. My arm start to pump in the mid lap and when i completed my first lap, I stop for a drink and carry on with the race, I was trying my best to hold onto the bike as this 450 power through the rutted terrain and rear wheel kicking all over (still in motocross suspension setup), and I was able to complete the moto 1, for 30mins, I'm surprised!

After a brief 15- 20mins break, moto2 started. This time round, i can managed to hold my speed longer and faster (but i still do fall), due to lost concetration. But am able to get up and fire up the bike and carry on with the race, picking up some of the slow or crashed rider thru the race.

3 laps covered and I'm into my 4th lap, this time round, front wheel slipped, and I drop into a small cliff and after lifting the heavy bike up with all my might, I couldn't start the bike. This is bike, I was totally exhausted from all the kicking (e-start is good I guess :) ) so took out my helmet, and goggle, I waited for about 20mins, seeing many riders zoom past, but they didn't see me as I was pretty much lowered and covered by those tall grass.

Finally, a marshal came around to help me push up the bike, I asked for a drink and with the body totally shaq out, I remove my jersey, kidney belt, and even my boots, lie down on the grass, cooling my head with some water too.

Sometimes later, i heard no more sound, the race must have ended I guess. I told the marshal to inform my mate to come time to give me a hand, I was so exhausted that, I was thinking if I were able to get myself out of this state. So I was left alone in the forest, listening to all the songs of nature, with my bare upper body (luckily no mosquito)

about 15mins later, my mate come looking for me, he tried to fire up my beast, and it manage to start, God bless! With my beat up body, I was thinking to ride his e-start 250 instead of my 450. And just in time, another mate came riding a pit bike, looking for me as well. Best, I would ride that small bike, it is easier on my body.

Finally, after a wobbly ride uphill, I'm back to top of the hill, slumbering down on a beach chair, while quenching down mydry thirst.

Cool, this is the first time, I'm so beat up in a race. Perhap I should need to pick up my fitness level instead of letting other to come rescuing me again, oppss.. :P

No comments: