Monday, June 23, 2008

First male patient in KK hospital

KK hospital = a hospital for women and children only

My brother-in law wife just gave birth last friday late afternoon, it is a 3kg+ little boy. So i was thinking, cool, now it is his turn to learn to be a father, and he needs to learn how to change diapers, hahahaa.

Over the weekend, he was staying over at the hospital, accompanying his wife, it is not easy, full day at hospital, is really bad, for me, I don't know about him, this bring me back a little memories back in 2004.

My boy came into the world in 04, so the same thing, I accompany my wife in KK hospital the whole day, for 3 full days, except I went home to sleep. So one of this day, i guess is on the 2nd day afternoon, I was dead tired and I can't do anything, I got no place to lie down to rest, except on the stupid chair.

Ok, so my wife was tired of lying sooooo long on the bed, so I said, let me rest for awhile on the bed. With the curtain pulled around the bed, I lie on the bed, watching the TV, while my wife sit on the chair next to me.

Suddenly, a nurse came in from behind a curtain and walk in a gentleman after her, seem like a doctor to me. Then the staff was explaining to us that today is a anniversary of the KK hospital, so the director of the hospital is giving out souvenior to all patient today.

And, this gentleman was the director, he walk toward me with some kind of goodies bag and said:" so you are the first male patient of our hospital" hahahaa, I then start to smile at him and my wife was laughing out also, it was such a nice memories to me, and that humorous director.

The good old days...

No comments: