Sunday, January 27, 2008

A 2 dollar troubled night out with mates

Rode out my trusty old steed out to chilled out with my fellow bikers mates yesterday night.

after a few hours of hanging around at 1 chill spot, we decided to go for some food/drink.

After everyone left, I then start to fire up the bike, initially, it has some difficulty to start, so I use the choke, and finally, it fire up.

While riding on the way, I feel something amiss, the bike feel bogging, and doesn't behave like any other day when i was riding it to work everyday without fail.

However, yesterday night was weird, when I tried to rev it up, it would bog down even more, so I play it safe, just to prevent it from stalling.

And true enough, just after a U-turn at a traffic junction, my bike bog and stall, luckily there are not much traffic and i'm able to bring the bike to the road side.

Tried to start up, but was useless, and just happen one of my mate was driving, he stop by to help me carry with the helmet while I push to the meet up place, luckily it is just about 100metres away.

Suspected is my plug foul, and shitz, didn't have any tools with me, ask around from other riding mates, but didn't find a wrench that suits mine. So one of my mate drive me home to collect my tools and a spare plug, hopefully I can get it fire up and ride home later.

After struggling to get the plug removed, I failed, as the plug opener just can't seat onto the plug with the frame blocking from the top. I gave up, went to meet up with the rest of the guys and bought myself a drink.

I decided to give it another last try before leaving, I managed to get it fire up, turn up the idle screw, rev it in neutral was ok, but however, when i tried to ride it, it just bog down badly...

Totally gave up, my mate sent me home.


This morning, brough down a exact size wrench and a 2dollar NGK spark plug, the bike roar back into action, I'm glad, after the whole night struggling, it is just a cheap, simple remedy.

No comments: