Friday, July 4, 2008

Fishing Competition at SAF Yacht Club


I brough my boy and my wife to the yacht club as i'm joining the fishing competition. As it is a clubhouse, i guess both of them should be able to relax in the shade, or in the pool to cool down as we predicted the weather will be hot.
Weather is extremely hot that sunday. Catch was nothing or a big fish. 1 golden travelly was caught at 11am+ and about 20mins laters, a 1.3kg chermin was landed. And then, it was all quiet and boring.
I was walking around and looking at others, but seems like all is the same result. My boy was sleeping at about 2pm+. BAck to my rod, I was leaning myself on the railing and start to day dream, with my rod leaning on the railing as well, but i was looking at the opposite direction instead.
At about 3pm+, i saw my rod butt flipping upward, and the uncle next to me quickly grab hold of my hold, before it flew into the water. I took over the rod and i feel extremely strong pulling at the other end. With only 8lbs line, I tried to thumb the spool to control the tension, and also afraid I may break my line.
However, my trick didn't work out, the line after peeling out for 50m, it is gone... retreieve my line and to only discover my hook got straighten, by a unknown monster.
Anyway, I will not let any opportunity to slip by next time, argghh...

No comments: